Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Good looking, soft, and smooth skin is important not only in terms of self-image but also for a healthy organism. Most people dream of having a perfect skin and are constantly spending a fortune on treating and preventing any acne, moles, skin tags, or oil clogs. If you are having any skin problems and you are not sure what’s causing them, in this article we will offer you some answers of why they appear and how can you treat them without having to spend so much money on expensive treatments.
Skin tags, moles, warts, blackheads, oil clogs and age spots are very common skin problems. There are different reasons why these appear on your body.
- Moles are skin growths that usually have brown or black color, and can appear anywhere on the body. Mostly they appear in early childhood, and up until the first 30 years of a person’s life. Moles change their appearance over the years. They may change their color and even disappear. You should pay attention to those moves because they can cause bigger skin problems like skin cancer.
- They show up when cells in the skin do not spread throughout the skin but grow in a group instead. If moles are exposed to the sun during pregnancy or teen years they may grow darker in color. Should you notice any unusual change in the appearance of the mole, like its color, height, size, or shape, you should check with your dermatologist.
- Warts look like harmless growths on the skin, but they are usually caused by human papillomavirus (HPV). The virus infects the skin on the outside through a direct skin-to-skin contact. It can usually be through a small cut or a scratch, or even from inanimate objects like touching a towel.
- When that happens, the cells in the outer layer of the skin grow very fast, thus creating warts. They often appear on the skin of the fingers, fingernails, hands and sometimes the genital area. Lower and impaired immune system causes warts to appear, and that’s why small children are more prone to them. Their immune system has not yet been built strong enough to fight these strains of infections.
- Skin tags are actually benign tumors of the skin, which means they are not cancerous and do not cause any symptoms. They are harmless and you can spot them on the skin’s surface. They are composed of nerve cells, fat cells, the core of fibers and duct and a covering of epidermis. Skin tags have a fresh color, but some of them may be darker. They are really small, but they can grow bigger without you noticing them. However, once they form, they stop growing.
- There is not one particular place on the body that skin tags can appear, it could be anywhere. However, mostly they appear in places where the skin layers rub against each other, i.e. on areas on the body that fold. Those places include the neck, the eyelids, the groins, the armpits, under the breasts, and the upper chest. You can have one or more skin tags on your body and they can be isolated or in the group.
- Diabetic, overweight, and obese people usually may develop skin tags. There is a friction created by skin rubbing against the skin because of the extra weight. Also, friction may appear if overweight people wear tight clothes. Pregnant women are also prone to skin tags because of the hormones secreted. Skin tags may appear and fall off without you even noticing them.
- Age spots are flat brown or black spots that often appear if you expose your skin in the sun too much and due to aging. In these cases, the skin is producing an excess of melanin (a pigment that gives color to your skin), which makes these spots to come out.
- They have different sizes and can be seen on the face, hands, arms, and shoulders. Most frequently, they appear on the fair skin and after the age of 50 but are not uncommon among dark-skinned and young people. True age spots are not harmful, although they may look like that. The use of tanning beds and exposure to the ultraviolet sun can also be the cause of age spots.
- Blackheads are small, dark spots on the skin that are caused by a small blockage due to clogged hair follicles in the openings of a pore. Blackheads are a mild type of acne that appears on the face during puberty when hormone levels are up. Some of these hormones stimulate particular glands that are responsible for the production of sebum.
- Sebum is the substance that drains out of the pore opening on the surface. In other words, if the oil glands are overactive, they clog the pores of the skin. They may also appear on the back, shoulders, arms, neck, and chest. Blackheads are slightly protruded and they do not cause any pain since they are not inflamed like pimples are. They can appear on any type of skin, but they are most common on people who have oily skin.
- Although there are some medical treatments that include different drugs and creams to treat these skin conditions, in this article we will offer you some natural remedies that can help you get rid of them.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar is among the best remedies that effectively remove any kind of skin spots.
- It contains alpha hydroxyl acid that takes out skin tags by drying them, removes all the chemicals and dead cells and freshens up your skin.
- When you apply it the skin opens the pores and throws out all the bacteria that are captured in it.
- Our skin naturally has a protective layer that is acidic and apple cider vinegar helps our body to bring the acidity to our skin. Moreover, it is anti-bacterial.
- Application: Clean your skin thoroughly and apply apple cider vinegar with a cotton pad directly on the skin tag.
- Leave the cotton on the skin tag for 1 day by binding it with a band-aid or duct tape.
- You can do it during the night and remove it the next morning.
- Honey is widely known for its numerous healthy properties, and thanks to them you can also use it for your skin problems.
- Honey has antibacterial, anti-microbial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It contains semi-acidic pH and glycolic acid level which help the exfoliation of your skin. It will smooth and tone your skin.
- The reason is that when you apply it, the small amount of it remains in the pores and the sugar in the honey attracts water which naturally hydrates your skin.
- There are different ways of applying honey on your skin, but one way you can do it is by applying 1 tablespoon of raw, organic honey directly on your wart or mole and wrap the place around so it can stay on for one whole day.
- Repeat doing this until your skin gets better and you remove all the skin tags.
- This fruit contains some enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids that do wonders for your skin.
- It helps in exfoliating and reducing the age spots, blackheads, acne and many other skin problems.
- It will clean your skin, give it some freshness, and make it look brighter.
- To use papaya for your skin grate it firstly. Take one tablespoon of the grated papaya and apply it on the brown spots.
- Leave the papaya on your skin for 20 minutes and wash it with warm water.
- Do this twice a day until you see the blemishes starting to disappear.
- Use bananas for healing skin tags, more specifically, its peel.
- It will definitely help you get rid of them since the peel contains lutein, which is an antioxidant and it also contains the carotenoid vitamin.
- It will help you with the inflammations on your skin, and it will get rid of dry and dull looking skin.
- You will achieve the smooth and spotless look. Furthermore, it can also reduce your wrinkles since it hydrates the skin.
- To treat your skin with banana take the peel off and again apply it on the spot. Keep it there for one night by covering it with a duct tape.
- Remove the peel the next morning and repeat this treatment every day until you feel your skin soft and smooth, without any spots, warts, or moles.
- Horseradish is another effective herb that will help you get a spotless skin.
- It lightens the skin and removes blemishes, age spots, warts, and make your skin look amazing.
- You can make a paste and apply it directly on the spot. Leave the horseradish paste on for 20 minutes and wash it off.
- Do this for a week, few times a day, and be persistent if you want to see marvelous results.
- Also, you can mix a small piece of horseradish with some apple cider vinegar and leave the mixture to sit for 2 weeks.
- Then, take the mixture and strain it. Apply some of it on the spot with some cotton pad.
- Repeat the procedure three times a day for at least one month.
- This vegetable is one of the best natural removers of skin spots.
- You can use it by rubbing a garlic clove directly on the mole, wart, or other skin tags, or you can make a garlic juice in the blender and apply it with a cotton pad.
- Leave the garlic on the skin for 30 minutes at least and then rinse the spot.
- Be careful not to put some of it on the skin around the skin tag because you might irritate the skin.
- Garlic is acidic and it helps dark spots fade.
- Steaming your face will open the pores of the skin, and will help your blood circulation.
- That will make your skin clean, smooth and it will get rid of all the impurities, excess oil, and dead skin cells that are lying deep in the pores.
- No matter the skin type, steaming it will help you unclog the pores and revitalize your skin. It will get rid of acne, pimples, or blackheads.
- Your skin will breathe again and it will look flawless.
- Boil some water and put your face in front of the steam.
- You can cover your head with a towel, making a tent around the bowl so the steam won’t get out.
- Keep your eyes and mouth shut so you won’t irritate them. You can also add some lemon pieces, peppermint, or chamomile.
- Lemon juice contains citric acid in its structure that helps in brightening your skin and exfoliating your surface.
- It is a safe remedy and it does not cost. However, do not overdo it since you may damage your skin.
- It will definitely get rid of your age spots, blackheads, and moles. It will moisturize your skin and it will act as a toner for oily skin.
- This is also one of the natural remedies for reducing wrinkles.
- All you have to do is take a lemon, squeeze the juice and apply some of it on the spot with a cotton pad dipped in the juice.
- Do it for several days, twice a day until you see some results.
- When your skin blemishes are gone and bleached out, stop using it.
- You can do it again if they re-appear after a while.
9. Aloe Vera
- This magical plant contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that perfectly treat many skin problems.
- It helps in regenerating new skin cells and it removes the old ones, leaving your skin fresh and glowing.
- In addition, it moisturizes and cleanses your skin, thus making it look younger.
- The pure aloe gel that you can find it in the stem can be used as a remedy.
- You can apply it directly to the skin and rub the spot. Leave it on for half an hour and rinse the area with cold water.
- Repeat it twice a day for 1 month and you will be amazed by the results.
- If you cannot find a fresh aloe vera gel you can buy it from the store.
- Yogurt helps in moisturizing the skin, it prevents it from aging, it fights acne, and it is great after a sunburn.
- It is full of proteins, vitamin D, calcium and healthy bacteria that help digestion.
- You can simply apply some yogurt to your face to moisturize it. Leave the yogurt for 10 minutes and wash your face.
- Do it for three to four times a week and you will get a soft skin and save a lot of money on expensive beauty products.
- Yogurt contains lactic acid which helps your skin exfoliate.
- However, make sure you use fresh and organic yogurt without any additives.