Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This might be dumbing it down too much, but processed foods lead to inflammation whereas whole foods like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains are anti-inflammatory. Inflammatory disease can run rampant in your system, making it impossible to lose weight even when dieting.
Exercise can even cause acute inflammation. While this only lasts a short time and is normal, the right diet can help keep it under control. A poor diet, however, can result in chronic inflammation. Stress and over-exercising can also lead to chronic inflammation. The combination of these things puts you at risk.
Injury & Illness
- Inflammation is the body trying to protect itself.
- Long-term inflammation can lead to several diseases and conditions including some cancers, rheumatoid arthritis, periodontitis, and heart disease.
- When vascular or muscular tissue swells to protect itself, it also risks slowing down specific processes.
- Reducing inflammation can help you exercise more consistently, recover more quickly, prevent disease, and perform at your highest level.
- How can you prevent inflammation naturally? There are foods to avoid, supplements to consider, and a proper diet to follow.
These 7 Diet Tips To Fight Inflammation
1 – Whole-grain Starches, Fruits, & Veggies
- Nutrient-dense and not stripped of vital vitamins and minerals that help you maintain good health.
- A variety of whole grains and colorful fruits and veggies ensure you get all the nutrition you need.
2 – Limit Refined Starches
- White starches and added sugars (white or brown) provide unhealthy energy and very few nutrients – if any.
- Refined sugars and starches promote inflammatory symptoms like elevated blood sugar levels and weight gain.
3 – Skinless Poultry, Fish, Eggs, Legumes
- These are quality sources of protein, calcium, vitamin D, probiotics and unsaturated fats.
- Don’t forget about all the nuts and seeds that are legumes, as well as fat-free Greek yogurt.
4 – Limit Red Meat
- Especially the high-fat prime rib, bacon, and sausage.
- Also try to limit processed meats like bologna, salami, and hot dogs.
- All high in saturated fats which increase inflammation.
5 – Monounsaturated & Omega-3 Fats
- Found in avocados, nuts, and olive oil, these “healthy fats” are thought to neutralize inflammation, making it actually possible to lose weight.
- Consuming these fats is associated with a decreased risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Omega-3s are found in salmon, tuna, walnuts and ground flaxseed.
- The only way to get this essential fat is from dietary sources, so find your favorite and eat up to decrease inflammation.
6 – Limit Saturated Fat
- Butter, whole milk, cheese, high-fat red meat and skin on poultry need to go.
- We only need a small amount of this fat – excess instigates an inflammatory response.
7 – Avoid Trans-fat
- Now illegal, keep away from trans-fats found in prepackaged baked goods, flavored coffee creamers, non-organic peanut kinds of butter, and chocolate- or yogurt-coated snacks.
- Trans-fat decreased good cholesterol, as well as raises, recycles, and reuses inflammatory “bad cholesterol”.
- There’s more to reducing inflammation to lose weight more effectively, like getting the proper amounts of minerals and dietary supplements, and not over-exerting yourself during exercises.
- Vitamins and minerals play crucial roles in muscle contraction, blood flow, tissue repair, and the inflammatory response.
- The only way to effectively fight inflammation and lose weight is by creating the right diet and exercise routine, and sticking to it.