Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
At least once in your life, you have faced with mold, it might not be because you had in your home, but for sure you have seen it somewhere else.
It is not the best view, right? The mold might be black or green and the first thought when you see it is that is something dirty.
The mold happens because of moisture and not germs. And most people feel disgusted when they encounter with mold, especially if is in their homes.
You can found mold spores not only outside, but also inside your house. If they have the right conditions, the mold spores simply settle on different surfaces and multiply.
You Can Also Bring It Yourself
- You might do not know this fact, but you might be responsible for the mold inside your home. You can bring it at home with your pets, with your clothes, and with your shoes.
- So if there is mold inside your house, do not worry. If you are healthy, you won’t be affected by the mold.
- However, if you have an allergy or someone from your loved ones suffers from an allergy, you or they, might experience stuffy nose, coughing and sneezing.
- Note: You can clean the black mold yourself, but if you have this type of mold in your home call an expert that can safely remove the mold. Look at the picture below.
Here are 7 Ways to Get Rid of Mold
1. Dry It Away
- The best way to stay away from the mold is to prevent it from happening. Or you can also do that just to make sure that it does not come back.
- The first thing you can do is install mildew and mold air filters.
- Also, if you have moisture buildup on the floor, you need to dry the area. Make sure that everything is completely dry, and for that, you need to use an industrial fan.
- That can help and prevent for spores to settle.
2. Tea Tree Oil
- You can also use tea tree oil to solve your problem with mold. In a spray bottle put 1 cup of water and 1 tsp. of tea tree oil.
- You need to spray on the mold and leave it like that overnight. The next morning, rub all the area from last night and for that use more tea tree oil.
3. Hydrogen Peroxide
- This is something that you probably have at home. Hydrogen peroxide is an antibacterial solution that can help eliminate mold, and it will also prevent for the mold to come back.
- In order to obtain best results, you need to hydrogen peroxide with 3 percent concentration.
- Spray the peroxide everywhere where there is mold and leave it for 10 minutes. After the time is passed, take a rug and use it to scrub that area.
- Note: The hydrogen peroxide can bleach the walls, so you need to be careful when you use it.
4. Baking Soda
- Baking soda is also found to be useful in order to eliminate mold. You need to combine one part water with one part baking soda and mix it until you create a paste.
- Take the paste and put it over the mold. Let it dry and then wipe it. In case you cannot clean it completely, put the paste again and this time uses a toothbrush to scrub the area.
- Baking soda is also good to remove moldy odors and staining.
5. Grapeseed Extract
- You can also use citrus seed extract such as the grapeseed in order to remove mold. In a spray bottle, put two cups of water with 2 tsp. of odorless extract.
- Use this mixture to spray the area, in case there is excess you can wipe it. Make sure not to rinse afterward.
- To clean mold, you will need white distilled vinegar. You can keep the mold at bay with the help of the vinegar and all thanks to its antibacterial properties.
- Put the white distilled vinegar in a spray bottle and spray where you need to.
- After that simply wipe the area. In case you need to scrub, you can use an old toothbrush.
7. Vinegar and Borax
- Borax and vinegar can be very useful in cleaning mold. In a quart with warm water put ¼ cup of borax and ½ cup of vinegar.
- It is important to mix well all the ingredients. Then apply the mixture on the moldy areas.
- In order to perfectly remove the mold, you will need to use a sponge to scrub. Repeat this procedure, as much as you need.
- You can do some of the natural ways above mentioned and have a mold-free home.