Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
There have been many adaptations and additions made to the traditional apple crumble recipe over the years including the use of different fillings, baking it in a tart form, making individual portion crumbles and making savory crumbles. However, it remains that whatever the filling, the crumble topping should be relatively crumbly.
Ingredients [ For 5 to 6 people ] [ Preparation time : 18 minute – Cooking time : 23 minutes ]
- 1 kg of apples
- 75 g butter + hazelnut to grease the baking
- 150 g flour
- 1 level teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 250g caster sugar
- Accompanier for 1 liter of vanilla ice cream
- Preheat your oven thermostat 8.
- Peel, core and cut the apples into chunks.
- To reduce the high heat 2 minutes with a tablespoon of water and keep cooking over low heat for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Overwrite the last large pieces of potatoes with a fork.
- Toss apples with 125 g sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pour this mixture into a buttered gratin dish.
- Work the butter vigorously. Add remaining sugar and cinnamon, as well as 150 g flour, then work it off with your fingers to obtain a coarse sand.
- Spread over the rhubarb and bake 25 minutes (central grid).
Enjoy it !!