Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Baking soda is a well-known ingredient in every kitchen, but it is also the cheapest and one of the most effective remedies in the world. It can fight everything from colds to cancer and is also great for your oral health. Baking soda can successfully treat and prevent diarrhea, metabolic acidosis, acidity, peptic ulcer, intoxication, cold and the flu, and it has antipruritic properties that help it maintain healthy skin. This amazing ingredient contains sodium, which can prevent hyperkalemia, bladder infections, and kidney stones. Here’s how you can use baking soda:
Old Wives’ Remedy
- Drink a glass of water and baking soda after a workout to relax your muscles and relieve the pain.
- Scrub your nails with some baking soda on a brush to remove and prevent grime and nail fungus.
- Mix three tablespoons of baking soda, a tablespoon of peppermint essential oil and a tablespoon of salt in a basin of warm water, and soak your feet or hands in the solution for 20 minutes to relieve itching, soreness or odor.
- Gargle a solution of baking soda and lukewarm water to eliminate the bacteria in the throat and oral cavity and freshen your breath.
- Use baking soda as a toothpaste – sprinkle some of it on a toothbrush and brush as usual. It is the best teeth whitening solution.
- Use baking soda as a scrub on your face to remove the excess oil and dead skin cells from your face. Make the scrub by mixing a tablespoon of baking soda along with a teaspoon of water.
- Baking soda successfully deals with insect bites and stings, as well as with poison ivy and oak stings.
- Apply a mixture of baking soda and water on canker sores and herpes to dry them quickly.
Home Remedy For Acid Reflux
- Make a mixture of half a teaspoon of baking soda along two tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice or apple cider vinegar in a bigger cup.
- The mixture will start to fizz and bubble, so wait for it to stop then add 8 oz. water, and drink the cup at once.
- This will neutralize the pH and help you relieve acid reflux by creating an alkaline environment in the body.
- Baking soda and water is also an effective GERD remedy. Prepare it by mixing half a teaspoon of baking soda and 16 oz. water.
Other Baking Soda Remedies
- In the book Sodium Bicarbonate, Dr. Mark Sircus explains the finding of Dr. Simoncini related to cancer overgrowth and alternative treatments with baking soda.
- He recommends using a mixture of baking soda and molasses for treating fungal infections and prevention of cancer and diabetes.
- Gargling a mixture of water and baking soda can cure oral thrush.
- To treat urinary tract infections, drink a mixture of 8 oz. water and half a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Baking soda mixed with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar can cure thrombosis.
- Make a douche of a tablespoon of baking soda and warm water to successfully eliminate Candida and yeast infections.
- Baking soda remedies are not recommended for pregnant or lactating women and children under the age of 5.
- Even though considered safe, you should use baking soda with caution as it can cause some unwanted side-effects, especially while taking prescribed medications.
- Always consult your doctor before starting any kind of treatment with baking soda.
- Always dissolve baking soda in some liquid, and never use it in its dry form.
- Don’t use it while you’re on a low-sodium diet, as it can deplete the body of essential nutrients.
- It’s important to remember that you must never use baking soda remedies for more than two weeks.