Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
A rich moist chocolate cake with a chocolate buttercream icing. This is the best cake in the world.
Ingredients [ For 8 to 10 people ] [ Preparation time : 35 minute – Cooking time : 55 minutes ]
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sifted cocoa
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsp) baking powder
- 1 tsp (1/4 tsp) salt
- 250 ml (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) buttermilk
GLAZING & SPICES
- 250 ml (1 cup) brown sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 5 mL (1 tsp) ground ginger
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) ground nutmeg
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) ground coriander
- 430 mL (1 3/4 cup) cold unsalted butter, diced
- Chocolate chips
- Long cinnamon sticks to decorate
- Place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F). Butter a 20 cm (8 “) diameter hinged pan.
- Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, cream butter with sugar and vanilla with electric mixer.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until the mixture is homogeneous.
- At low speed, incorporate the dry ingredients alternating with the buttermilk.
- Pour the dough into the pan and bake for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool. Unmold and cool on a rack.
GLAZING WITH SPICES
- In the top of a bain-marie, out of the heat, combine the brown sugar, eggs, and spices with a whisk.
- Cook in a bain-marie whisking constantly until the mixture is very hot, about 5 minutes. Remove from the bain-marie, add the butter cubes.
- Let stand about 1 minute.
- Whisk the mixture with the electric mixer for about 5 minutes or until the mixture is firm and creamy.
- If necessary, refrigerate for about 30 minutes and whisk again.
- Cut the cake horizontally to get three slices.
- Spread a third of the frosting between each floor and on top of the cake.
- Decorate with chocolate chips and cinnamon sticks.
Enjoy it !!