Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
It’s that time of year when there are never too many treats and sweets! This recipe for Candy Cane Kiss Cookies is perfect for when you’re feeling uninspired for that special holiday cookie…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 Candy Cane Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Using a hand-held or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 5 full minutes, scraping down the sides and the bottom as necessary.
- Add the egg yolks and vanilla, beating on medium-high until fully combined.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary.
- In a medium bowl, toss the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients on low speed until fully combined. The dough will be very thick.
- If the dough is very sticky, chill for at least 45 minutes.
- Roll dough into balls, a little less than 1 tablespoon of dough each.
- The dough may seem dry, but the warmth of your hands will allow it to come together in a ball.
- Roll into assorted sprinkles and bake for 8-10 minutes. The cookies will look very underbaked – do not overbake.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes.
- Press a Hershey Kiss into the center and immediately put the cookie sheet into the fridge or freezer for 5 minutes to prevent the chocolate from melting.