Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Maltese’s cheesecake is really simple to make and features everyone’s favorite chocolate treat – Malteasers, so what’s not to love! A wickedly crunchy vanilla cheesecake which uses crushed Maltese’s in the base as well as in the creamy filling.
Ingredients [ For 10 to 12 people ] [ Preparation time : 20 minute – Cooking time : 30 minutes ]
- 2 cups [ 500 ml ] all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup [ 75 ml ] of Baileys
- 3/4 cup [ 180 ml ] water, hot
- 1/2 c. tsp [ 2.5 ml ] salt
- 1/2 c. tsp [ 7.5 ml ] baking soda
- 3/4 cup [ 180 ml ] cocoa
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cups [ 375 ml ] sugar
- 1 cup [ 250 ml ] of regular mayonnaise
- 2 c. tsp [ 10 ml ] vanilla
- 1 cup [ 250 ml ] 35% cream
- 1/2 cups [ 625 ml ] chocolate semi-sweet 64% cocoa, chopped
- 2/3 cup [ 150 ml ] of Baileys
- 1/4 cups [ 310 ml ] Maltese’s type of chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Place rack in center of the oven preheated to 350 ° F (180 ° C). Butter a mold 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm). Line the bottom with parchment paper letting it hang on each side.
- n a bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a bowl, mix warm water with Baileys.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, blanch eggs with sugar for 4 minutes. The mixture should double in volume and become very pale yellow.
- Add mayonnaise and vanilla and mix a little.
- Still using the electric mixer, add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with the mixture of water and Baileys.
- Pour into pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes maximum or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Be careful not to overcook the cake, it is to remain soft at will.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Wait until the cake has cooled down before starting the ganache.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream and Baileys to boil. Pour over chocolate and let stand 1 minute.
- Using a whisk, mix gently until the mixture is smooth.
- Spread ganache over the cooled cake.
- Wait until the ganache freezes before turning the cake.
- Sprinkle over the chocolate cake type “Maltese’s” at the last minute.
- Cut into 10 to 12 pieces.
Enjoy it !!