Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This iced cocktail is great for a hot summer day. You get the best of two classic Southern drinks: sweet tea and mint julep…
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 4 Earl Grey tea bags
- 1 (1-ounce) package fresh mint, about 1 cup
- 1¼ cups bourbon
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- 1¾ cups chilled sparkling wine
- Mint sprigs, optional
- Combine sugar and 1/2 cup water in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at high 3 minutes, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add tea bags and mint to sugar syrup; steep 20 minutes.
- Discard tea bags and mint.
- Stir in bourbon and juice; chill. Pour tea mixture into a pitcher; stir in sparkling wine.
- Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired; serve immediately.