Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Garlic Butter Herb Prime Rib is melt in your mouth tender and a juicy prime rib that is cooked to medium rare perfection and marbled with fat. The seared garlic butter herb crust is incredible…
Ingredients [ For 8 to 9 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 55 minutes ]
- 2-6 pounds bone prime rib (boned and tied)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon thyme, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon oregano, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Remove the prime rib from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before to bring it to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix butter, garlic, thyme, oregano, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Rub all of the butter on the outside of your prime rib and place in a roasting pan or large skillet with the fat side up.
- Cook for 15 minutes and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees. It is about 15 minutes per pound of meat.
- Bake until it reaches an internal temperature of 110 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let it rest with foil for at least 20 minutes. The temperature will rise to 130 degrees for a medium rare prime rib.