Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
These lamb chops are seared, forming a browned crust of garlic and herbs and wait till you try the easy 2-ingredient pan sauce which will completely win you over…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 32 minute – Cooking time : 28 minutes ]
- 2 lbs lamb rib chops (8 counts), cut from a rack of Frenched lamb ribs
- 5 plump garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, plus more for garnish (or use 2 tsp dried parsley)
- 2 tsp Tabasco original red pepper sauce
- 1 tsp salt (we used sea salt)
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
For The Sauce
- ½ cup chicken or beef stock
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter softened
How to Make Lamb Chops with Garlic Butter Sauce
- Thoroughly pat lamb chops dry with paper towels, wiping away any possible bone fragments or shards.
- Slice between ribs to separate chops, cutting into ¾” or 1″ thick even portions.
- Stir together marinade ingredients in a measuring cup: 5 pressed garlic cloves, 3 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp parsley, 2 tsp Tabasco, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and ¼ tsp thyme.
- Place lamb chops in a non-metal casserole dish, pour over the marinade and rub all sides of lamb chops (focusing on meaty portions) with marinade. Cover and refrigerate 6 to 18 hours.
- Before cooking, let lamb chops sit at room temp 30 min. Heat large heavy pan (we prefer cast iron) over high heat.
- Add 1 Tbsp oil to the hot pan and once oil is hot, add lamb chops and sear for 3-4 minutes per side, depending on a thickness of chops and desired doneness keep in mind temp rises 5 degrees as it rests.
- At 3 min per side, the lamb will be medium doneness and at 4 min per side, the lamb will be medium-well to well done.
- If your pan isn’t large enough to accommodate all lamb chops, sear in 2 separate pans.
To Make Pan Sauce
- Spoon out excess oil from the pan (leave in 1 to 2 Tbsp oil), being careful not to remove the drippings and flavorings.
- Add ½ cup stock and simmer 2 min. Turn off heat then swirl in 2 Tbsp softened butter, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Spoon sauce over lamb chops and garnish with more parsley if desired.