Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Grilled Steak with an easy but very amazing brandy peppercorn sauce….
Ingredients [ For 12 to 14 people ] [ Preparation time : 7h12 minute – Cooking time : 58 minutes ]
- 1 large (2 lb.) bone-in rib eye steak or preferred cut and size
- Kosher salt Fleur de Sel
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 Tbsp. canned green peppercorns, drained and lightly crushed
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 2 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take steak from the refrigerator and let rest at room temperature for 30 min.
- Prep all the sauce ingredients and have them at the ready. Salt and pepper generously.
- Grill to satisfactory doneness. For this large steak, it was first seared to the flame and then finished on indirect heating to a temperature of 130F.
- Remove steak to rest.
- While the steak is resting, heat a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat and add the shallots. Cook 3-5 min. until translucent.
- Then add the green peppercorns and brandy. Cook until the liquid is almost gone.
- Mix together the mustard, lemon juice, zest, and Worcestershire sauce and add it to the pan.
- Stir to combine. Add in the beef stock and cook and reduce until desired thickness.
- Add more beef stock or water if you cook it down too much. Serve over the steak and serve immediately.