Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
- We can all agree that most women love to color their nails. However, most of them aren’t aware that nail polish is dangerous as it contains certain chemical compounds that can do a lot of damage both on the inside and outside of our body.
- According to new studies, popular nail polish brands contains numerous harmful chemicals and toxins which can cause hormonal imbalance and other health problems. The study focused on more than 20 women who color their nails regularly with some of the most popular nail polish brands. The results showed that all of the brands tested positive on triphenyl phosphate even after 10 hours after application.
- Another study that tested 10 popular nail polish brands found that 8 of them also contain this compound, while 2 of these 8 products didn’t list the compound on their label. This is concerning as triphenyl phosphate is very harmful to the endocrine system.
What is triphenyl phosphate !!?
- Triphenylphosphate is a chemical compound that can disrupt your endocrine system and hormones and affect your metabolism and reproductive system as well. The compound is especially harmful to women who color their nails regularly – by doing this, they’re allowing accumulation of triphenyl phosphate in their system, which will slowly destroy their body from the inside.
- Triphenylphosphate is considered a powerful neurotoxin and allergen that can have serious consequences on your health, but nail polishes contain even more dangerous compounds.
Here are some of them
1 – Toluene
Toluene is a chemical that has been known to prevent proper child development and may cause skin irritation as well.
2 – Formaldehyde
- Formaldehyde is a well-known carcinogen that can dissolve in water and air. Exposure to it can cause symptoms such as asthma, inflammation, and shortness of breath, and is especially dangerous to people suffering from chronic disorders.
3 – Acquarella
- Acquarella is completely natural and offers more than 50 different nail colors. It’s water-based and contains no formaldehyde, toluene or triphenyl phosphate.
4 – Honeybee gardens
- This natural polish is also based on water and doesn’t have even the slightest trace of the aforementioned chemicals.
5 – Peacekeeper house-metics
- This polish brand contains enamels based on argan oil and is completely free of toxins. It is also the best choice if you want your nails to stay hydrated.
6 – SpaRitual
This is a vegan nail polish brand free of any toxins.
Colored nails look very nice, but using commercial brands exposes you to a risk that’s not worth taking. If you must color your nails, always go for a natural nail polish brand that won’t harm your nails and health.