Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ditch the carbs with this Low Carb Chili Dog Bake! It’s the best hot dog chili ever and bonus: It’s low carb…
Ingredients [ For 8 to 9 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
For The Chili
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large bell pepper
- about 3/4 of a large onion, diced (use more if you like sauteed onion)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt (You could cheat and just use 2 tbs of a chili spice mix in place of the 4 spices above.)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 tbs of sugar or sugar substitute (12 carbs in a tbs of sugar, fyi)
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbs tomato paste
For The Casserole
- 8 Beef Hot Dogs sliced longways down the middle and cut in half
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or cheddar blend cheese (or more if you like a lot of cheese)
- extra diced onions for garnish
- Combine the ground beef, 2/3 of the chopped onions, peppers and garlic in large frying pan and saute until ground beef is browned. Drain fat.
- Add spices, Worcestershire, sugar, tomato sauce, tomato paste and water to the pan. stir to combine and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Optional step, but totally makes it just like real hot dog chili: Using a food processor or immersion blender, process the chili until the beef is in very small pieces.
- Lay hot dogs flat on the bottom of a 7 x 9 casserole dish. Cover with chili. (you should have enough to reserve a bit for those that are eating regular hot dogs and want chili.) Spread 1 cup of cheese over chili and top with remaining onion.
- Bake at 400 F for about 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.