Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Simple and practical tips to prevent cartilage deterioration
The cartilages are stretch fabrics, which are responsible for supporting a kind of cells called “chondrocytes”, and which are very important to allow us to perform most activities of our daily lives. Sometimes, due to bad habits and habits, cartilage is often worn and damaged, which causes, in addition to great pain, the impossibility of being able to perform certain common everyday tasks. That is why today we bring you a series of practical and effective tips to prevent the pain of cartilage and prevent from now that these suffer some type of damage.
What is there to know about cartilage?
The cartilage is a series of structures which serve the function of providing support femoral surfaces and cavities. They fulfill the main function of protecting the joints, avoiding that they wear out and suffer any type of friction injury. The cartilage also dampens the blows when jumping or running.
In the human structure, three types of cartilage are identified:
- Hyaline Cartilage: It is the most predominant in our system, and is composed of collagen fibrils. These types of cartilage are nourished by synovial fluid and can be found in the pharynx, ribs, bronchus, and trachea.
- Fibrous cartilage (fibrocartilage): This cartilage is similar to the previous one, only that it is formed by a collagen of greater thickness. We see them present in the joints, ligaments, tendons, menisci and invertebral discs.
- Elastic cartilage: It is a yellowish color and is made up of elastic fibers. We can find it in the larynx, the epiglottis, the Eustachian tube, and the outer ear.
How does cartilage wear occur?
Before moving on to the list of tips to prevent cartilage pain, we believe that it is important to inform you about how it causes the wear of these.
Our joints have a kind of lining called synovium, which becomes inflamed when the cartilage is worn away, producing a hormone called cytosine, which produces more damage and inflammation.
When the cartilage loses elasticity, the person is much more prone to injury due to the excessive use of these.
When the cartilages wear out, the bones will be exposed, which will cause the joint to lose its natural shape, thus causing the so-called “bony outbreaks “.
The intense pain is caused when small cysts are formed with fluid and small bits of cartilage inside the joint and bone.
How to prevent cardiac pain avoiding your decoration
When the cartilage deteriorates, we can suffer certain conditions which show a lot of pain, such as osteoarthritis. In this case, the tissue in charge of protecting the ends of the bones is deteriorating.
Look below, what are the tips you should keep in mind to prevent the pain of cartilage, avoiding its deterioration.
- As soon as there is any pain or swelling in joint areas, it is advisable to consult our doctor, so that any cartilage lesion is discarded.
- To prevent cartilage pain, it is also highly recommended to use sports shampoos that have the ability to cushion the foot hit against the floor surface when walking or running.
- Carrying a healthy diet is also very important when the preventingthe pain of cartilage, since being overweight can seriously damage them.
- Performing some type of physical activity will help prevent any type of osteoarticular injuries, so choose the sport that you like and perform it regularly.
- If your joints are damaged, it avoids in the slightest to make any type of movement that can compromise them.
- Always exercise at times when your joint area is not inflamed.
Foods to Build Cartilage
Here is a list of healthy and effective foods to prevent the pain of cartilage, avoiding its deterioration.
- Vegetable: They are perhaps the main food to take into account when preventing the deterioration of cartilage, as they have various nutrients and vitamins, which will help to regenerate cartilage, and in addition, vegetables do not contribute fat to our body, which will prevent overweight. Above all, it is advisable to eat raw vegetables to relieve the pain of damaged cartilages and encourage their regeneration.
- Lean Proteins: They are also very good at preventing and fighting any type of cartilage problem. Lean proteins are present in tofu, beans, seafood, sardines, tuna, salmon, shrimp, etc. The high vitamin D content of fish decreases the risk of suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.
- Citrus Fruits: The high vitamin C content of this type of fruit helps to strengthen cartilage and to synthesize collagen. Fruits such as grapefruit, orange, lemon, grape, mandarin, blackberry, tomato, and peppers such as onion and pepper are excellent for treating deterioration of cartilage.
- Nuts: Just by consuming a handful of peanuts or walnuts daily, you will be giving your organism the required dose of vitamin E to prevent the deterioration of your cartilage.
As a last tip, we recommend that you avoid excessive consumption of sugars and refined flour, if you want to prevent the pain of cartilage and prevent them from being damaged.