Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
These rich Rocky Road Chocolate Cookies loaded with chocolate chunks, marshmallows, and walnuts are a chocolate lover’s dream come true…
Ingredients [ For 18 to 19 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 2 (4 ounces) semi-sweet baking chocolate bars, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate bars (about 3 1.5 ounce bars), chopped, divided
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate bars in the microwave and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt together. set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars together for 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. Mix in the melted chocolate. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined, scraping the sides as needed.
- Use a wooden spoon or a spatula to mix in the walnuts, ½ cup marshmallows, and ½ cup of the chopped milk chocolate bars.
- Cover dough and refrigerate at least 2 hours. If chilled longer, let it sit on the counter for 30 minutes before rolling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat mats.
- Scoop dough and form into (24) 1½ inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on pan.
- Bake for 11 minutes and then press 3 marshmallows into the tops of each.
- Return to oven and cook for 1 more minute. Press in a couple more chocolate chunks and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Then move to a cooling rack.