Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
These slow cooker chicken tacos have the juiciest, most flavorful chicken. I love that you can make the chicken and prep the fixings ahead of time. It’s perfect for parties and is super family friendly…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 28 minutes ]
For The Slow Cooker Sweet & Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken
- 2 lbs (4-5 count) Chicken Breasts, trimmed of fat
- 1 cup very warm water
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
Toppings/ Taco accessories
- Small flour tortillas (About 10-12)
- Lettuce, chopped
- Tomatoes, diced
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Guacamole (click for yummy recipe)
- Sour Cream
- Hot sauce such as Tabasco
How To Make The Best Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Whisk together all of the marinade ingredients: 1 cup water, ⅓ cup ketchup, ¼ cup vinegar, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 4 Tbsp melted butter, ⅓ cup brown sugar, 2 tsp dry mustard, 2 tsp salt, 2 tsp chili powder.
- Add chicken to the slow cooker and pour marinade over the top. Turn a couple times to coat in sauce. Set slow cooker on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours then keep warm until ready to serve.
- The chicken will be incredibly tender and easy to shred. Pull chicken with two forks and let it sit in slow cooker juices until ready to serve.
Assembly Tips & Instructions
- To assemble tacos: dice, grate and chop all over your fixings (see ingredients list above).
- Warm up your tortillas by placing a 5 or 6 a time between two lightly damp paper towels and microwaving for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken first, then load ’em up with the rest of the toppings. We love a drizzle of Tabasco hot sauce on top.